Another Famous Member of the Paul Family Chastises Me

"Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings." -- St. Paul, 1 Corinthians 9

Perhaps I am the anti-Paul here: when at a libertarian blog, I become like a statist. When at a traditional Catholic blog, I become like a Protestant. When at a liberal blog, I become like a traditionalist.

Perhaps there was a reason I heard this epistle last week? Nah, couldn't be!

Comments

  1. You visit Traditional Catholic blogs? Do share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See "Edward Feser" on the blog list to the right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:48 PM

    Or you could just be yourself. That's the philosophy that I follow. Sure, I am often met with closed-mindedness and opposition, but I have also earned a little bit of respect from some of those who don't agree with me.

    I am not trying to please or displease, I am just trying to figure out the world around me and I like to share what I have learned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness