Pottery III

A Dog in the Water

A dog in the water,
Far out to sea,
Is going to visit
The Fish in the Tree
On a dim, distant island
He never will see,
But that doesn't matter, says he.



Leo

There is a car wash on MacArthur.
It has a change machine.

I went up to the machine
And put a dollar in the slot.

I told it to change me into a lion.
Then I loped down the street

Growling triumphantly,
But not at children.

After a while they arrested me,
Which seemed right,

But they didn't take me to the zoo,
They took me to the drunk tank.

I demanded twenty pounds of raw meat.
They beat me with their fists.

I am a lion, so it didn't hurt,
But there is something wrong with my life.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness